For best experience, use the Printer Friendly option to the right, print this out and circle the best answer. Answers are located at the bottom, but no cheating!!
1. You are working on a project at a client’s site. While working on your project, you stumble into a possible flaw in the design of a project that was completed six months ago. This project was also managed by a representative of your organization. No one else is aware of this possible flaw and you do not believe any problem will be apparent for another two years (well after you are done with your current project). In this situation, what should you do?
a. Do nothing because that project is complete.
b. Notify your management both orally and in writing.
c. Notify the customer directly.
d. Take steps to ensure this type of problem does not occur with your project.
2. You have been assigned to a new project and have finished the scope statement. You and your team are now going to create a Work Breakdown Structure. You are spending a lot of time discussing how to create a completely decomposed Work Breakdown Structure. Which of the following is not relevant to this discussion?
a. Status/completion is measurable.
b. Time/cost is easily estimated.
c. Start/end events are clearly defined.
d. Resource availability can be reliably foreseen.
3. A risk management plan should be tailored for each project in what way?
a. Some companies use predefined templates for risk management plans.
b. Certain companies have predefined roles and responsibilities as they relate to risk management.
c. The risk management plan should ensure that the level and type of risk management efforts are appropriate to the level of risk and importance of the project to the company.
d. Some organizations have predefined risk management policies that must be tailored to an individual project.
4. You are in a meeting with 4 of your subordinates. How many communication channels are there?
5. A seller is working on a cost reimbursable contract when the buyer decides he would like to expand the scope of the services and change to a fixed price contract. The seller’s options include:
a. Completing the original work on a cost reimbursable basis and then negotiating a fixed price for additional work
b. Completing the original work and rejecting additional work
c. Negotiating a fixed price contract that includes all the work
d. All of the above
6. In examining the progress of our project, you determine that actual cost of the work performed so far is 67k. The Budgeted Cost of this work was 55k. What is your CPI?
7. You have asked two different individuals for an estimated duration of a task. Your manager stated it should take 8 days. The new developer says it will take 18 days. But based upon your experience of having seen this many times in the past, you feel it will most likely take 11 days. You decide to employ the three point estimating technique. What is the output of this estimate?
8. When preparing to implement quality control on your project, all of the following should be considered except what?
a. Inspection over prevention
b. Customer satisfaction
c. Management responsibility
d. Continuous improvement
9. You work in a matrix environment. You are discouraged by the fact that many members of your project team are not aware of the progress of the project until this is discussed in your status meeting. Which team development approach would best resolve this situation?
b. Recognition and rewards
d. A team building event
10. During the execution of a project, the project manager determines that a change is needed to material purchased for the project. The project manager has to pull the team together for a meeting to discuss how to handle this change. This is an example of:
a. Management by Objectives
b. Lack of a change control system
c. Progressive elaboration
d. Lack of a clear work breakdown structure
For thousands of other free PMP exam prep questions, visit this link
Social Bookmark this pageRSS Feed for our Exclusive Articles
- b – Professional Responsibility
- d – Scope Management
- c – Risk Management
- c – Communication Management n(n-1)/2 or 5(5-1)2 or 20/2
- d – Procurement Management
- a – Cost Management CPI = EV/AC or CPI = 55/67
- b – Time Management
- a – Quality Management
- c – Human Resource Management
- b – Integration Management