This is "Module 2 – Open SharePoint Task List In Microsoft Project", which is part of a series on How to create a Kanban Board in SharePoint Linked Dynamically to Microsoft Project Task Board.
5. From the SharePoint Task list, click on the List tab across the top, then click on "Open with Project"
6. Microsoft Project will open and will sync with the Task List:
7. Click on >View tab, >Task Board drop down, >Task Board
8. The default Task Board will display. Uncheck the Timeline option in the ribbon.
9. The Timeline will no longer be displayed
10. The next step is to alter the Board Status headings. Right click on Backlog, then click on Rename
11. Input the words To Do
12. Right click on Next Up, then click on Delete
13. You will now see only three columns on your task board; To Do, In Progress and Done. These column names are the Lookup table values for the Board Status field.
14. We will add three tasks. Simply click on >New Task, input the name of the task and then click on Add
15. Complete the above steps three times
16. Drag Task 1 to "Done" and Task 2 to "In Progress"
See next article: Module 3 – Map Fields from Project to SharePoint
Note: You may find this of value: