This is "Module 3 – Map Fields from Project to SharePoint", which is part of a series on "How to create a Kanban Board in SharePoint Linked Dynamically to Microsoft Project Task Board".
17. Now let's force Microsoft Project to copy or map a field into the SharePoint list. Click on >File, >Map Fields
18. Click on "Add Field"
19. Choose the "Board Status" field. Notice how Project automatically populates that same name and will create a new field within our SharePoint list. Click on OK to add field.
20. Click on OK to Map Fields
21. Click on Save. The updates will be saved from Microsoft Project back to the SharePoint list.
22. Click on >File, >Close to close this file.
See next article: Module 4 – Create a View in a SharePoint Task List
Note: You may find this helpful: